Thursday, February 13, 2020

Valentine's Day Crafts

When I switched to teach Kindergarten a fellow Kindergarten teacher gave me advice to do crafts and art projects that don't require a lot of prep.  So with Valentine's this week I wanted to fill my room with some art work and I did 3 art projects that involved easy prep work on my part.

For the first art project I cut out some different size hearts our of card stock and I grabbed some black paper and some pastels.  I then let the kids trace the hearts and smudge the lines with a Q tip to add a cool effect.  The kids loved using the pastels for the first time and I loved that each one was different.




The second craft we did was heart people.  I made some heart patterns for each table group on card stock and I had the kids trace the heart onto red or pink paper.  I then cut one inch strips of paper and I taught the kids how to accordion fold the arms and legs.  Most got it pretty quickly and I only had to help 2 of my students fold the arms and legs.  I then gave them googly eyes and let them put it all together.  The hands and feet are from left over punched out hearts for Valentine's Day boxes. 



Our last art project was the easiest.  This week in Bible we have been learning how Jesus loves children so this was perfect.  I took the lyrics from Jesus loves me and typed them up in word and printed them.  The students then used heart stamps, heart stickers and paper hearts to decorate.  Easy and adorable.


So there you have it.  Simple and easy Valentine's Day crafts.  What do you do in your classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment