Monday, August 5, 2019

Year Long Write the Room Center


My first year teaching kindergarten I was scrambling to create and make centers for my kids.  I had seen all these writing centers out there that were expensive or took a lot of prep or were expensive and took a lot of prep.  I was looking for something fun for my kids and yet something that took little or no prep.  So I created this write the room center.




Each week I would print a page for whatever letter we were reviewing that week and the kids would go around the room with a clipboard and pencil and would write down words that had that letter.


My kids loved it because it gave them the freedom of picking what words they wanted.  They got to use a clipboard and they got to roam around the room which they loved.

And on special occasions we pulled out goofy glasses or colored pencils to make it more exciting.


My kids loved this center and it took me a minute to prepare each week.  I simply would print the page I needed, place them on the clipboards and down.  The words were already up all around the room.  

You can purchase this center for only $2 here in my TPT store.  There is a page for each letter of the alphabet plus the 5 digraphs sh, th, wh, ch, and ph and the best part is it can be use all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment