Wednesday, August 14, 2019

School Supply Emergent Reader

My kids come to Kindergarten wanting to read.  Obviously reading doesn't come with some magically lesson so I created a school supply emergent reader with predictable text that can be used after teaching the kids about school supplies.  We spend all week talking about our school supplies and how we can and can't use them and then on Friday we read this book together.




My kids love it because they are reading and I love it because it is easy prep as I can print it 2-2 sided, cut it in half on the paper cutter, and then staple it.  My students can then color it and take it home and show their parents that they can read a book.  

This book is also great for ESL students of all ages who are newcomers.


The glue page comes with 3 different versions in case you only use glue bottles or glue sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment