Wednesday, November 28, 2018

What should have been a Snow Day

So Monday all schools around us were closed due to the snow, but we remained opened. Wet e-mailed parents letting them know that if they decided to keep their child home to just let us know.  Well 7 of my kiddos showed up, which is 1/3 of my class.  So the majority of my plans were pushed back for the day and we had a day of fun.  We free played, went outside for an extra long recess to enjoy the snow and made fun snow art projects.  And when you only have 7 kids, prep for art projects is super easy.

So we made these cute little snowmen watching the snow fall.



I made the carrot nose, because I knew that would be hard for the kids.  (Again, 7 kids means I'm more willing to do prep.)  The kids traced a paper plate to make the snowman's head.  I helped them line it up.  We then painted and talked about how different brush strokes changed what the snowman's head looked like.  The kids cut out a circle eye and then we drew snowflakes.  Easy and so cute!  And now I have some wonderful artwork hanging up in my class.




No comments:

Post a Comment