Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Adopted

Today one of my former students came up to me with a giant grin on her face and told me that last night she finally got adopted.  I got a little teary eyed upon hearing this.  This has been something she has been waiting for for almost a year and a half.  She kept praying about it last year, she talked about it all the time and now the day is finally here.  I love her story of how this family took her in, poured into her, and accepted her so quickly.  It just warms my heart to think how God had this plan for her and rescued her from a not so great situation to a wonderful situation where she is thriving.   And now she too has a new last name.

 I love stories like these and I love that her story is that great reminder that God adopted us.

God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.  Ephesians 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment