Friday, June 22, 2012

My Quest for a Summer Job

Once I knew I has lost my job I had started looking for a summer job.  I figured even if I couldn't get a teaching job for the fall atleast I would have some extra money before I had to make important life decissions.  Thankfully I was hired by a school in May but that hiring came with a big pay cut, so I conitnued to look for a summer job to help fill that void as I was not only losing money but also a retirement plan.  In my quest I learned one important thing, God is bigger than a summer job.  After much searching and zero finding God showed me he can provide without having a summer job.
    At school I was able to take over a friend's extra duty which added a couple hundred to my last pay check, I qualified for focus group which provided me with extra cash, and most recently God provided me with a cat sitting job.  While these jobs are no where close to filling that void in my salary it has only proved that this job is part of God's plan and he is going to provide for me and I don't need to worry.  So thankful for all the blessings and excited to see how he will continue to provide.

Luke 12: 22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life[b]? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

No comments:

Post a Comment